Document Scanning Service
DIT has experience managing hundreds of scanning projects, including:
- Paper of all sizes and thickness
- Engineering and construction documents
- Books of all sizes, including plats and catalogs
- Standard X-Rays
- Laboratory Notebooks
- Cards of any size Microfilm/microfiche
- Aperture cards
Scanning your paper documents or film to digital images – or digitizing your microfilm or microfiche records – offers many benefits for business processes:
- Improve productivity
- Fast storage and retrieval of important information
- Quick search for documents and/or the information
- Easy to index and reorganize.
- Keep multiple index systems for different users and projects
- Save storage space and cost for paper files
- Quick access to documents/data for any member of the work team
- Keep track of who is accessing documents
- Access documents from company intranet or the Internet
- Encrypt and password protect confidential information
Although the scanning is an automated process, your project may require a lot of labor-intensive preparation of paper documents or film. Paper must have all staples and paper clips removed, tears repaired, books de-bound, folders organized, etc. Older film needs to be examined for scratches, breaks, polarity, etc. to assure quality images. Good document prep is the essential first step to a quality and cost effective scanning job.
To reduce time and shipping costs, DIT has strategic partnerships with experienced scanning service bureaus located throughout the US. Many customers need immediate access to documents during the conversion process. Local service bureaus can scan onsite at your location or make sure documents never leave your area. You can retrieve an important document immediately. If access is not a problem, just ship your documents to our California facility for expert scanning service.