If you look up the term "Workflow" in the dictionary, you will see that it has several meanings. None of them really captures the true benefits to corporate America. DIT though, delivers these benefits in an affordable, easy-to-understand and powerful way. Workflow no longer needs to be outrageously expensive and complicated. DIT Workflow comes with all of the functionality available in the marketplace today. When coupled with the Electronic Forms module, the DIT workflow offering is a superior and unique solution.
Why consider Workflow? Many applications require multiple decision points and the ability to share documents among many users to complete tasks, processes, and procedures. Attempting to accomplish these types of activities with manual paper based systems can be very labor intensive, prone to error and lack accountability. The DIT workflow module streamlines collaboration and accelerates the completion of critical business tasks which equates to increased operational efficiencies and reduced costs.
- Advantages of Implementing Workflow:
Allows companies to define, study and document their business processes
- Automatically distributes work or tasks to specified users or groups for action or decision-making
- Reduces time and costs associated with manual steps or inactivity
- Complete reporting and process audit trail
- Promotes responsibilty and accountability
Typical applications that benefit from the DIT workflow include Vendor Invoice processing, HR hiring processes, Medical Transcription approvals, Lab Results routing, Remote Coding applications and Loan Approval processes. In each of these applications routing rules are configured which include the route each document takes upon entering the workflow based on index data. At each step in the workflow, decisions are made which determine the next step in the process. At each step users have the ability to create notes that travel with the document as it is processed. Users are assigned tasks that need to be completed and are notified of the task via email and with an entry in their task list.
Documents can enter a workflow either as a result of scanning the document, importing of application documents, the creation of an electronic form or through manual assignment.
- Automatically distributes work to specific users or groups
- Forwards documents through successive work steps without delay
- Allows document to be prioritized based on certain criteria
- Route by index value
- Voting privileges
- Automatocally update index values
- Allows tasks to be completed and authorized by specific users
- Provides a process for load balancing work
- Provides a quality control process
- Unlimited number of users
- Integration with other systems